PND Support Groups
PND Support Groups
A safe and supportive environment for mothers and primary care givers suffering from postnatal depression and other associated anxiety disorders.
Held in Christchurch, each Thursday during the school term.
Facilitated by a mum who has been there and done that.
Childcare facilitator and volunteers look after children and babies.
Afternoon tea and refreshments provided.
The target audience is mothers and primary care givers who have been diagnosed with PND or related conditions or who are suffering from postnatal distress or anxiety. The primary target age of the babies/toddlers is zero to five years.
If you or someone you know would benefit from attending our support group please contact us today.
- To provide a safe support group for mothers and primary care givers with PND and related conditions.
- To provide a sense of normality around what the mothers and primary care givers are experiencing.
- To help mothers and primary care givers identify stress triggers and manage these stressors.
- To help mothers and primary care givers develop problem solving skills.
- To help mothers and primary care givers discover how to observe the needs of their young children.
- To encourage networking with other mothers and care givers who are struggling.
- To help mothers and primary care givers identify ways to get help in the community.
What the mums say:
“I feel safe to take my mask off at group”
“This group saved my life!”
“I can cry and it’s OK”
“We are treated with respect and not judged”
“I didn’t want to be here any more, the group made me see the light at the end of the tunnel”
“It’s fantastic to meet other mothers going through mental illness”
“Not being judged!”
“Please please I need the support group. My baby is too old for DHB services as they cut off at 12 months and there is no other support for me and my baby at 13 months”